With the arrival and proliferation
of newer standards, and major shifts in the way IT is being used
to support business, thousands of enterprises are faced with the
Is it time to migrate our reliable yet obsolete and unsupported
technology environment to something new?
The need for migration of applications or databases in enterprises
arises from changes in business demands or technology challenges
either to improve operational efficiency or to manage risk. Many
enterprises are straddled with the challenge of ensuring that investments
in legacy systems do not get locked in proprietary and outdated
technologies while migrating to newer systems.
Why migrate legacy applications
Reason for Migrate to .NET
- Maintenance problem, complex architecture, difficult to deploy
- Technology obsolute, difficult to find resources
- Scalability problems
- Business logic mix-up
- Integration problem with other systems
- Difficult to upgrade the system for new user requirements
- Standards integration: XML, SOAP, and more
- Ease of deployment
- Web service support
- Standard toolset for any .NET language
- Support for mobile devices
- Managed code
- Platform independent
- No lack of learning resources
- Modernized languages
- Standard base types across languages
- Our migration approach starts with the very foundation of understanding
your business needs.
- Our highly experienced professionals proceed to technical evaluation
of your existing applications, resulting in a strategy and methodology,
which is well suited for your case.
- Using cutting edge tools, techniques and best practices, the
application is migrated to achieve functional equivalence of your
- Our team begins to customize and extend your applications -
whether it is integration, web enabling, incorporating new modules,
optimizing for performance, enhancing end user experience.
More pros than cons .NET provides a number of tremendous
benefits that will make developers more productive, reduce the number
of bugs, speed application development, and simplify deployment.
IT managers are understandably wary, since .NET is a new technology
that requires a moderately steep learning curve. For most organizations,
however, the benefits will far outweigh the negatives. And with
.NET, you'll see great productivity gains for future development